I started my blogging days in August of 2007. It was mainly a way to keep out-of-town and extended family up-to-date on our life. However, as most things start out…they take on a existance of their own. My blog is still mainly about things that happen in our day-to-day routine, but now include thoughts on parenting, pop culture, and every so often just about me (not that often, I am a mom after all & we rarely do things just about/for us).
Logically I know (based on the site stat page) people other than my family and friends read what I write, most often I try not to think about it (although I have received some lovely comments from new readers). It makes me little nervous…is my writing up to par with the other bloggers, is it interesting enough, funny enough, coherent, spell/grammar checked within an inch of its’ life? I look regularly at the Freshed Pressed Page which has led me to wonderful blogs that I now subscribe to, but also made me think or give me something to talk about. Not all my subscriptions are Freshly Pressed, but maybe I was lead there from one that was.
So I guess there are rules that go along with this and here they are:
Since I am lacking in the imagination department right (completely taken up with talking toys), I am going to
steal borrow the questions used by my wonderful nominators.
- How long have you been married and how many children do you have? I have been married 6 1/2 years now and we have our handsome boy, Glo-Worm. We are hoping to add another Worm to our family this year or next.
- Name one thing most people don’t know about you? I don’ t think there is much people don’t know about me already. I tend to over share. The only thing I can think is that I am scared of the dark. I don’t completely freak out when it’s dark, but total darkness tends to send my imagination into overdrive and the things I imagine are what send me into freak out mode.
- What is your favorite type of cuisine? I love Italian and Mexican food. My love for Italian food has always been there, but for two years I was a nanny for the owner’s of Pino’s Il Sonetto in Terre Haute, IN. Pino was old school Sicily, his food was freshly made every day and I have been a Italian food snob ever since.
- What is your most rewarding memory as a Mom? Those small moments. The ones where I get an unsolicited “I wuv you mom”, when all he wants to do is snuggle up in my arms, when he chooses fruit over chocowate (which is not very often). My most favorite memory and rewarding moment was right after Glo-Worm had his heel-cord surgery (for his club-foot they sliced the Achilles tendon part of the way thru and this “drops” his heel into the correct position, the scar tissue forms a new Achilles tendon). The nurses informed me he would probably be resistant to feeding (breast-feeding that is), but that was normal and he would be super cranky. My kid ate like a champ and was flirting with the nurses when we left the clinic. With every thing that he has gone/goes through with his foot he never acts like it is a big deal.
- At which store could you spend all day alone in? I am so boring…a bookstore. I love to look at books, hold books, read the little blurbs on the back, if I am lucky sit down and read a few chapters. A shoe store would be good…I LOVE SHOES!
- What is your guilty pleasure? Reality TV…I love ATNM, American Idol, Project Runway…I prefer the shows where they actually have to prove their talent to win…or least to get to the point where the public votes for them.
- What was the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done? I don’t know if I can choose just one from the myriad moments of embarrassment that litter my past, present and most likely my future. I will just make a general statement here: My most embarrassing moment has been all those times I have opened my mouth and spoke the stream of consciousness that was currently going through my head. These tend to not make sense to anyone but myself and I see the logic in every thing I am saying, but for some reason no one else does.
- What type of work did you do before you became a Mom? I was a bill collector/customer service representative for many years. I was a little surprised I was better at collections then customer service. When I started I wasn’t sure I could be tough enough to get past all the sob stories. Most times as a customer service rep, my bosses would tell me to be a little nicer.
- What do you consider a perfect day? A day I could sleep in, then take a leisurely shower (so not a bath person), go to the park with Glo-Worm and The Daddy, make dinner together, then maybe get a babysitter and have a date night.
- Have you ever done anything spontaneous? I got a tattoo on my ankle just after my miscarriage (about a year before I got pregnant with Glo-Worm). I went with my friend, Jessica, to get our ears pierced and they had a special on initials ($20 for 3 initials) and decided right then and there to get The Daddy & my initials (CRS) on my ankle.
- If you could meet anyone famous, who would it be? Well for eye-candy it would be Ryan Reynolds. For entertainment value Elvis Presley and/or Jim Morrison (I was devastated when I found out they had died).
- What was your biggest fashion blunder? Once again there are too many choices here. It could be the tropical shirt with the pastel paisley pants or the big red Sally Jessie glasses and the list goes on.
- If you could make one wish, what would it be? Having lost my father at 16y (I only lived him for 10 of those years) my wish would be for my kid(s) to not have to grow up without a father. I loved my dad and never felt I had enough time with him and never want my kid(s) to feel that way.
- What are you most proud of ? My family. I have been blessed with a wonderful network of “no choice to be related” and “chosen to be related” in the world. They have been there for me though all the good, bad and ugly. They have been supportive, brutally honest, caring, loving and loyal. They have held me when I cried, shared all my happiest moments, and laughed with me. They are the proudest moments of my joyful life.
Now to share the love; here are the blogs I award The Stylish Blogger Award. I so enjoy reading these posts, they are funny and insightful. Many of them I see aspects of my life, or get great ideas for a post of my own. They tend to be encouraging of others and well, I just like them and I hope you do too.
1) Play 101
2) Plum Bananas
7) Love Life
9) The Letter T
10) Simply Solo
12) Butter & Honey
15) Okay that’s it…I don’t have a 15th one, sorry…I know how disappointed you are…Please wipe your tears…I am sure you will find some wonderful reading on the links above.
livelaughloveliquor and ournote2self…thank you again, you have made my day.
P.S Update on the running thing…not so great missed last week due to sickness & migraine…will restart this week
This entry was posted in Aunt Carrie & Uncle Rodney, Glo-Worm (GW), Grandma Cynthia, Grandpa Ricky, Granna, Jessica, MawMaw Lorna, Miscellaneous Character(s), Our Family, Paula O, PawPaw Phil, The Best Friend (TBF), The Blog Nazi (TBN), The Daddy (TD), The Mommy (TM), Uncle Dubby & Aunt Andi and tagged Books, Chosen To Be Related, Clothing, Club-Foot, Entertainment, Exercise, Eye-Candy, Food, Just for Funsies, Life, No Choice Being Related, Our Family, Parenting, Park, Random, Reading, Restaurants, Running, Shopping, Stylish Blogger Award, Tattoo, Vacation, Work.