Thank you Butterfingers for Breakfast for including me in her list of blogs she reads and forwarding this award to me. P.S. Butterfingers with a big cup of coffee used to be my favorite breakfast!
Here are the “rules.” Link back to the person who gave you the award, write seven random facts about yourself and then spread the love to 15 other blogs that you think are versatile, good, etc. Oh, and contact them to let them know you gave them the award!
Much like Butterfingers, I am not reading a lot of new blogs, however I have added a few to subscriptions:
Yeah, that’s all I got that is new-ish.
So now seven random facts about myself
- I am ADHD, dyslexic, and have a slight reading disability. Thanks to my wonderful parents, they noticed something was off and whisked me off to some specialists. Who, with all their knowledge diagnosed me, had me do all sorts of eye exercises, and gave me a host of tools to work with. I have never used this “disability” (for a complete lack of another descriptive word) as an excuse, because there was no reason to.
- I am prone to migraines whenever I have too much lactose in my diet. Yeah, most people get the poops, or an upset stomach. Not me, I get migraines.
- I have to read books in order. Even if they aren’t really connected, just have the same characters. I can’t stand reading books out-of-order. I feel as if I have lost something by skipping one. If it is a true series (each story builds on the other) I have re-read the series when a new one comes out.
- I have never been mudding. This most often surprises people when they find out I spent my teens years in Boonville, IN. Alas, I have never been mudding, cow tipping, or corning.
- I am such a creature of habit. I like things done a certain way, in a certain order. Showers: Wash my hair, condition my hair,shave my legs (if needed), scrub/wash my face, wash my body. Same order every time, when I get out of order…I forget a step and usually remember after I have gotten out of the tub and dried off & started the next steps to getting ready (again same order each time). Then I feel all out of sorts the rest of the day. Dishes (which I have a long and illustrious dislike/hate relationship with…I don’t have a dishwasher): Kid items first, plates, lids, flat items, silverware, bowls, cups/glasses, large cooking dishes. When they get put away, they get put back in the same place each time.
- I used to dress some what trendy. I was never on trend, but would mix modern items with my…artistic items. Now, jeans/shorts/capri’s, tank/tee/sweatshirt, sneakers/flip-flops/sandals.
- I was in our Museum’s High School Art Show my senior year. I made a piece in my ceramics class for my mom for Christmas, my teacher wanted it in the show. So I gave it to her, then took it back to school when break was over.